Counseling for Trauma
Have you experienced something that has carved out unwanted thoughts, memories, or images in your mind?
Any of these can be the cause of trauma- a car accident, abuse or neglect, the sudden death of a loved one, a violent criminal act, domestic violence, exposure to the violence of war, or a natural disaster.
Are you noticing you may have effects of unhealed trauma wounds?
- deep emotional pain
- confusion, or
- feeling stuck in the past far after the traumatic event has passed
In these circumstances, the support, guidance, and assistance of a therapist is vital in helping you work through healing from trauma.
Here are 4 Types of Trauma Symptoms You Might Notice
- Avoiding specific locations, sights, situations, and sounds that serve as reminders of the event
- Anxiety, depression, numbness, or guilt
- Intrusive thoughts, nightmares, or flashbacks
- Anger, irritability, and hypervigilance
- Aggressive, reckless behavior, including self-harm
- Difficulties with sleep; either sleeping too much or not enough
Negative Mood and Cognition Symptoms
- Loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed
- Difficulty remembering details of the distressing event
- Change in habits or behavior since the trauma
Therapy has been proven to be the most effective option to effectively help you calm your nervous system and restore peace after trauma.
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) are highly effective and commonly used in healing trauma wounds.
Are you ready to get unstuck and start healing those deep emotional wounds? Let’s work together to create a healing plan and get you living life to your fullest potential. Contact me today for a free consultation.